If you are tired of renting, or struggling to save a deposit, the Shared Home Ownership scheme is one way you may be able to afford to buy your own home. Shared Home Ownership allows you to purchase a home from the Government, with a SharedStart loan through Keystart, the Government's lending agent.
You can purchase newly built homes and off the plan properties offered by the Housing Authority across metropolitan and regional areas.
Some advantages of Shared Home Ownership:
- Low deposit of $2,000 or 2 per cent of the purchase price (whichever is greater) for first home buyers
- Deposit of $2,000 or 2 per cent of the purchase price plus stamp duty and fees for non-first home buyers
- No savings history required
- No lenders mortgage insurance
- No monthly account keeping fees
- First home buyers can use the First Home Owners Grant towards the deposit and apply for a grant from the Home Buyers Assistance Account.
More information can be found here.