To secure your home and avoid being a victim this holiday season:
- Lock all doors and windows (to this day 2/3 of burglaries are through unlocked portals).
- Be mindful of your security when working in the front or back yard or relaxing upstairs.
- Do not leave house keys under mats or plants or inside your garage (leave with a trusted family member or neighbour instead).
- Do not leave lights or televisions on all day and night thinking it will fool a burglar (it won’t).
- Don’t broadcast holiday plans or your cherished possessions publically on social media (you are making yourself a potential target).
- Close curtains and keep valuable items out of sight from windows and doors.
- Fold & pack away electronics boxes (leaving these clearly visible is again an unnecessary invitation).
- Remember to activate your Security Alarm (and arrange Monitoring if you have not already done so before going away).
Source: SMS Security - Phone 9302 0000